This week we visited and inspected our first hall to apply for Hallmark 1 accreditation, we will be announcing the outcome of this visit in the next few weeks. If you are interested in taking part in the Hallmark scheme the process is straight forward and we are here to support you every step of the way.
Hallmark is a nationally recognised quality standard scheme for village halls and community facilities the benefits to your committee include:
- Knowing that the committee has embedded good practice
- Continued improvement in procedures
- Gaining recognition for obtaining good standards in management
- Give local communities confidence in your committee
There are 3 levels to achieve:
Hallmark 1 – covers charitable administration and management, assesses whether the hall is complying with the requirements of its charitable status.
Hallmark 2 – covers health, safety, security and licences, assesses compliance with legislative issues.
Hallmark 3 – covers community, social awareness, forward planning and development – examines and assesses the role of the hall in the community and how it interacts with its users and the wider community.
To take part:
- Simply complete an on-line entry to register your interest http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/hallmarkentry/
- We will provide a simple checklist to help you self-assess against the standard
- Two fully-trained visitors will be assigned to complete a peer inspection of the venue
- A report will be completed and the hall informed of the outcome
If you are interested in taking part but not sure where to start please give me a ring and we can have a chat about the process and how we can support you through the process.
Lisa Chambers on 01353 860850 or email: email@example.com