Support Cambridgeshire is a new partnership of three community based organisations, Hunts Forum of Voluntary Organisations, Cambridge CVS and Cambridgeshire ACRE.
The project is funded by Cambridgeshire County Council, and is working to 5 key themes, all of which should achieve better outcomes for communities and community organisations across Cambridgeshire. These themes are:
- Voice and representation – ensuring that both community groups and Statutory organisations understand the challenges and opportunities faced by each other.
- Social Action – People and communities coming together to solves issues and problems which affect them.
- Information and advice – Ensuring that community organisations receive timely and relevant advice to strengthen and grow.
- Town and Parish Councils – Advice and support to ensure that local Town and Parish Councils develop and grow.
- Community Facilities and Developing hubs – Help and support on running or acquiring community buildings.
For more information on any aspect of the projects work, please email the Support Cambridgeshire Development Officer, Russell Rolph at Russell@huntsforum.org.uk
Between January and May of 2017, work will be progressing on all of the relevant work – themes.
The first Support Cambridgeshire newsletter will be produced at the end of January 2017, and a full countywide training programme will be published on both the Support Cambridgeshire and all our partner websites.
More information can be found on the Support Cambridgeshire website.