During October and November of this year village hall and community building trustees received several communications from me encouraging them to take part in our annual village halls and community building surveys. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who took the time to respond.
Our annual survey of community facilities gives us unique insight into the challenges faced and allows us to develop Cambridgeshire ACRE village halls service to reflect trustees needs so you get more out of being a member.
The results report has just been published on our website so please click here to take a look.
The key actions we will take forward in 2018 include:
- Continue to work with trustees to help them understand and fulfil the terms of their governing documents.
- Look at the timings of community buildings networking and learning events to ensure that trustees who work are able to attend wherever possible by holding some future events in evenings or at weekends.
- Identify potential funding streams suitable for community buildings and promote these to those who run community buildings.
- Raise the profile of the Hallmark quality standard and help trustees understand the benefits for their building by taking part.
- Deliver a training programme that addresses the key topics identified, including marketing your hall, installing broadband, and health & safety.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the report please get in touch, we welcome your feedback, please contact Lisa Chambers.