One thing that we constantly need when running a community building is funding! So see below 10 top tips that may help you when thinking about filling in funding application forms.
- Do your homework – Funders have to reject a large number of application they receive because the applicants didn’t read the guidance properly.
- Make sure you are ready for success – Think carefully about how you will manage the project and the finances. Tell the funder how you are going to do it.
- Ask for help – there are lots of organisations (including Cambridgeshire ACRE) that can offer help and guidance – also the funders themselves.
- Be clear – about your project and what you want the money for. Remember the funders know nothing about your project, so make sure you get the key message across.
- Keep it short and simple – You should be able to describe your project on a couple of sheets of A4 paper. Tell the funders the need for the project, what you are going to do and how it is going to make a difference.
- Mix and match your funders – You may not find one funder to deliver the whole project so breaking it down into smaller sections is a good idea. Write a list of all the elements which make up the overall project so funders can see exactly what it is they are funding.
- The project budget – it is vital to show that you have thought out how the money will be spent, showing good value for money.
- Don’t be discouraged – Ask the funder for feedback if your application is rejected, they may be able to give you advice to apply again.
- Remember your responsibilities to feedback – All funders will require an account/evaluation of how you have spent their money.
- Credit your funders – It is a good idea to display at your hall or on your website the names and if possible the logos of your funders.
If you are interested to hear more about funding and managing a renovation project, why not join us for a members evening networking event taking place on Wednesday 27th June 18:30 till 20:30 at Swaffham Prior Village Hall.
Booking is easy just contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.